7.8.09

CROOKED CROWN

Finally finished my driver's ed. today (thank God) so Mum and I went to the Mint Museum in Charlotte to check out this temporary exhibition, "The Art of Afluence: Haute Couture" which was basically a bunch of dresses donated, must were from the eighties so it was pretty lol-tastic to see the Versace 'night-dress' inspired gown etc. There was actually a Balenciaga suit donated by Hubert De Givenchy though, thought that was pretty cool.

The exhibition was kind of mediocre though, it was only one room and there was this lady in khaki pants explaining every outfit and why she didn't like to an eight year old, that commentary was pretty worth it. My favourite quote was, "See how the blouse has a puffed sleeve? Now I don't think that works well. Have you ever heard this phrase before? See, she's not wearing the blouse, the blouse is wearing her..." the 'her' was a headless mannequin, so I don't think it really had the emmmm, personalit
y (?) to 'wear' the clothes. I'm pretty sure this was in reference to a John Galliano white blouse.

But the best part in my opinion was the gift shop, Mom and I were trying on all these wierd half-face-masks and I was so tempted to buy loads for some photo props, ha! In the end I found this toy crown, I love it! I was wearing it all day, and it kind of got me in the mood to write a song, so now I've deemed it as my thinking cap!

Wearing it made me feel like Max from Where The Wild Things Are, now all I need is a catsuit, and not the Pam Hogg type...
I'm actually so excited for Where The Wild Things Are words cannot describe. I've watched the trailer at least five times on youtube, and once right before seeing Harry Potter 6, and every single time, I've cried. It might be because the song is Wake Up by Arcade Fire, and that's just like this unbelievable epic/euphoric song, I was trying to explain to my parents how certain songs make you feel um, 'infinite' (Perks of Being a Wallflower, duh) and they both just thought I was really inarticulate/crazy.

Anyways.... Karen O is doing the score for the entire movie as well, so it's ozzzley going to be unbelievable, also the wonderful Spike Jonze is directing it. So I think I can come to the conclusion that this is my dream movie.

That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment