6.1.11

CHAINED DOWN

Currently sitting in Charlotte airport waiting for my flight to board. Any airport that has free wifi automatically makes me overexcited and not totally dreading the next 24 hours of travelling.... so right now I'm a non-dreading over-excited wierdo uploading pictures of herself at the gate, nothing new...

Anyways, as always, I freak out in the last 24 hours of any holiday and/or break I'm on, and end up getting in a wierd creative fluster where I finish all the mini projects I meant to attempt earlier. So, this Christmas break, as opposed to making a shitty feather necklace that will break after one wear (exhibit A.) I fixed literally a PILE of necklaces where the chains had broken.

So with pliers in my hands and loads of left over chain, what's a girl to do? DIY IT, DUH.
It just so happened that I had this cool rock I kept from the beach this summer (I'm wierd like that, deal with it) I thought I had just the right idea what do with it, and if I may so myself, it turned out pretty magical...
I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out. The last bit of the chain is doubled up and then doubled up again (...quadrupled?) so it hangs further of the chain. the black/silvery chain only cost me like four bucks, so I think some more of these DIY missions need to be taken on!

Here's another thing I did, not as sweet as the former, but I digress...
It was just a little rock/crystal/thing I had on a keychain from when I was little, and I found it while I was clearing out my room. Anyways, thought it would find a better home on a chain so I could wear it, the result being...
obvz, both of these necklaces look like I'm some hippy/witch/fortune-teller, but I kind of like it. If I ever need to hypnotize someone I can just grab my necklace.

FASHIONABLE AND FUNCTIONAL.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment