7.7.09

CAPTAIN KURT

Recently I've just been really drawn to dressing like I haven't washed or shopped in years, kind of like rPatz I guess... so though it may look like I'm trying to dress like your typical scenester/grime kid, I'm actually being kind of inspired from the era of my birth, the 90s, LOL. Grunge is kind of taking over my style at the moment (much to the dismay of my family) and I'm kind of digging a Kurt Cobain look...
rockin' the flannel. Quite literally... "rockin" the flannel.

So I got a new lace tank top, and I've been playing around with layering it, so I got this CRAAAAZY idea, why not put it over a sleeved tee? hmmmm... so I tried. It still looked a bit odd, so I tied it at the waist (like, typical train of thought, no?) and I kind of digged its belt effect.
My Mum said I looked like a hooker wearing a lace bra over a t-shirt, but I guess that's kind of it's charm, yeah? right....

It gets better though....

I've also been going through this weird phase of tying my flannel shirts at my waist (if that doesn't scream grunge, I dunno what does...) yeah this is the phase that came directly after my socks and sandals phase, but that's another story...
It drapes really cool, like what I'd imagine a grunge super-hero to wear, armed only with their rock axe (guitar ozzley) and quick tongued wit...

Much to my annoyance though when I was looking for pictures of Kurt Cobain wearing flannel, this obscenity came up
DAMN YOU MK! CAN'T YOU JUST EVER HAVE ONE OFF DAY?! >:(

I think it looks better this way though.

the layering continued to evolve to a leather jacket (why can't it be fall yet, argh!)
and then I think I was finally satisfied with the outfit. yessss.


shirt and jacket, thrifted; I heart NY tee shirt, stall; lace tank top, F21; shorts (cut-off skinnies), Lux from UO; sunglasses, RayBan Wayfarers; lipstick, MAC; moccasins, xhiliration at Target.

P.S. Yes, there was a bowling pin behind me in my room


P.P.S. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. kurt cobain sunglasses

    ReplyDelete